Recent Oil Plant Strike Shows 'Zero Protected Places in Russia's Distant Backlines'
Ukraine's UAVs have struck Russia's oil refinery in the city of Ufa, situated some 1,400 kilometers from the Ukrainian border, triggering detonations and a fire, per a source in Ukraine's Security Service.
This represents the latest intelligence far-reaching assault in Bashkortostan in the recent weeks. Those operations demonstrate that there are no protected areas in the deep rear of the Russia.
Zelenskyy Calls On US President to Mediate Ceasefire in the Conflict
Volodymyr Zelenskyy urged President Trump to broker peace in Ukraine over a phone call on the weekend.
"If a war can be halted in a particular zone, then certainly further hostilities can be ended as well, covering the Russian war," Zelenskyy said, hailing the US President's "exceptional" Gaza peace initiative and urging the US president to compel the Kremlin into negotiations.
Russian Strikes Kill Victims in the Country
Strikes by Russia on Ukraine resulted in the deaths of five people on Saturday and disrupted electricity to parts of the southern Odesa region, as stated by authorities in Ukraine.
Two people died inside a religious building in the town when it was hit, as reported by regional officials.
In the Russian border region of the Belgorod region, a truck driver was killed by a attack from Ukraine, according to municipal sources.
Energy Restoration Efforts in the Capital
Efforts carried on on the weekend to repair energy infrastructure in the Ukrainian capital, after assaults.
Power had been restored to over 800,000 residents by the weekend and the biggest private energy company stated the key efforts to repair the grid was complete though some outages remained.
Anti-Aircraft Actions and Drone Interceptions
The Ukrainian anti-aircraft systems neutralized 54 of seventy-eight UAVs from Russia sent targeting Ukraine overnight, the air force announced on the weekend.
The Russian defence ministry said it shot down 42 UAVs from Ukraine over its own soil.
Cuban Government Denies Accusations of Providing Troops to Ukraine
Havana on Saturday rejected American allegations it has deployed soldiers to engage in the conflict in Ukraine, while affirming the government "lack exact information about citizens of Cuba" involved "independently" or "in the military forces of both sides".
The foreign ministry in the capital said twenty-six nationals had been convicted to jail sentences varying between five to 14 years for mercenary involvement since September 2023 when reports spread of Cubans being deployed to the battlefield in the conflict.
Surrender Initiative Initiative Reports Details on Cuban National Involvement
I Want to Live, a state program that urges enemy combatants to lay down arms, said in spring: "We reliably know the personal data of one thousand and twenty-eight Cuban nationals who enlisted with the Moscow's troops in recently."
The government in Havana said of Cuban nationals who might be participating: "There is no doubt that not a single one possesses the support, allegiance, or authorization of the Cuban state for their activities."
Family members of Cubans who traveled to Russia in the year informed Agence France-Presse at the time that their loved ones had been misled into enlisting through promotions on digital networks.